How your podiatrists in Salem, OR, can relieve bunion pain
Are you struggling with bunions? If so, you’re not alone. In fact, bunion treatment is one of the most sought-after services performed by your foot doctor. If you have a large, bony bump next to your big toe, it’s time to take action and get some relief. The podiatrists at Cascade Foot Center in Salem, OR, offer a full range of footcare services, including effective treatments for bunions.
Bunions are common among women because of the narrow, pointed shoes women wear. Shoes without enough toe room will crush toes together. The big toe joint is forced outward and begins to rub on the inside of your shoe. The friction causes irritation, inflammation, and eventually a bunion will form. You may also be more prone to bunions if you have a bone deformity in your foot.
If you have a small, non-painful bunion, you can try a few easy home remedies to get relief. Remember to:
- Place ice on your bunion, which will help reduce swelling and inflammation
- Wear padding or inserts in your shoes, which will help reduce friction
- Tape the bunion and your foot, which will help support the bunion
- Take over-the-counter medications like Tylenol and ibuprofen, which will help reduce pain and swelling
If you have a large bunion, the pain can be severe, even debilitating. It can become difficult to walk around, stand, or even put on shoes. For large, painful bunions, you need to see your foot doctor. At Cascade Foot Center, your podiatrist may recommend:
- Removing calluses and corns to reduce friction
- Stretches and physical therapy to maintain mobility
- Custom-fit orthotics, splints, and other devices to realign your foot
- Surgical therapy to remove the bunion and realign your foot and toe
Don’t suffer with bunion pain. Relief is just a phone call away, so call Dr. Trevor Tippets, Dr. Lee Poston, and Dr. James Lisle, your foot doctors at Cascade Foot Center in Salem, OR, today at (503) 588-8188!