Reasons You Should Visit a Sleep Specialist
posted: May 01, 2018.
Having trouble getting enough sleep? It’s time to turn to a professional.
We can’t always have perfect sleep all the time. Perhaps it was the second glass of wine, or your little one developed a fever in the middle night or your partner was snoring like a freight train. Instances like this happen all the time and can contribute to poor sleep; however, when you are battling with sleeping night after night, it might be time to turn to our Portland and Astoria, Oregon, sleep medicine specialists Dr. Gerald Rich, Dr. Radhika Breaden, and Dr. Gregory Clark for some answers.
If you are dealing with any of these issues then it might be time to turn to our sleep medicine specialists in Portland and Astoria, OR, for help:
- You feel exhausted throughout the day even though you got enough sleep
- You toss and turn throughout the night
- You have difficulty falling asleep
- You wake up early in the morning and have difficulty falling back to sleep
- You snore or your partner complains about your loud or persistent snoring
- You experience restlessness or twitching in your legs at night
If you said yes to one or more of these statements then you could be dealing with a sleep disorder. It’s important that you get an evaluation as soon as possible.
Why should you seek medical attention?
A lot of people find excuses for why they are experiencing bad sleep, but if this is a regular occurrence it’s time to get to the bottom of this, and you’ll need a sleep medicine specialist to help. Even if you don’t think poor sleep is really that big of a deal, conditions that have been linked to untreated sleep disorders include:
- Heart disease
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Extreme fatigue
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Heart attack
- Morning headaches and migraines
It can also take a toll on your mental state, increasing your chances of depression, anxiety, irritability, and the like. You may also find that your work or school performance is suffering because you have trouble concentrating.
Don’t lose another night to bad sleep. Pacific Sleep Program has offices in Portland and Astoria, OR, to provide you with the quality care you need to catch those elusive ZZZ's. Schedule an appointment with us today.