Your foot and ankle doctors in Houston, TX, can help you and your feet feel better
Foot problems can be painful and debilitating, keeping you from living your life. When you suffer from foot problems, you need to seek out the help of an expert–your foot and ankle doctor.
Dr. Asia Lo and Dr. Jahnavi Devireddy at Foot & Ankle Institute in Houston, TX, provide comprehensive foot and ankle services, including treatment of a wide variety of foot problems. They can help you and your feet feel better.
Common Foot Problems
One of the most common foot problems is plantar fasciitis, a condition that can cause severe heel pain. The plantar fascia, which is the thick band of tissue running across your heel, can become inflamed. For plantar fasciitis, your foot and ankle doctor may recommend:
- Taking prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication
- Physical therapy to maintain flexibility
- Custom-fit orthotics to provide heel support
Bunions are another common foot and toe problem, resulting in a bony bump next to your big toe. Bunions can be very painful and can involve a significant amount of bone. To treat bunions, your foot and ankle doctor may recommend:
- Imaging studies to determine the amount of bone involvement
- Corticosteroid injections to decrease inflammation and pain
- Custom-fit orthotics to cushion the bunion
- Physical therapy to help your feet stay flexible
- Surgery to remove the bunion and realign your toe
If you notice your toenails are thick, dark, and misshapen, you could have toenail fungus. It’s easy to develop toenail fungus, especially if you walk barefoot in public pool areas, gyms, and locker rooms, where the fungus can thrive. For toenail fungus, your foot and ankle doctor may recommend:
- Laser nail treatment to kill the fungus
- Prescription antifungal treatments
Contact Us Today
These are just a few of the most common foot problems and treatments. To discover more about common foot problems and how your foot and ankle doctor can help, call Dr. Asia Lo and Dr. Jahnavi Devireddy at Foot & Ankle Institute in Houston, TX. You can reach them in the office by calling (281) 531-4100, so call today.