Visiting your dentist in Allentown, PA, regularly can protect your smile.
Are you protecting your smile by visiting your dentist regularly? Did you know that regular dental visits can mean the difference between a healthy and an unhealthy smile? The truth is, you can’t take care of your smile all by yourself. You need the skills of your dentist too.
Your Allentown, PA, dentist, Dr. Robert Sanford of Sanford Center for Total Health Dentistry, provides comprehensive dental care, including dental examinations to protect your smile. He proudly serves residents of the Allentown, Salisbury, Wescosville, and Westwood Heights areas.
Your dentist is an expert at diagnosing and treating dental problems. These are just a few examples of what can happen to your smile if you don’t visit your dentist regularly:
- A small cavity can turn into large, painful tooth decay that needs a large dental filling or a crown
- A large cavity can turn into a dental abscess that needs a root canal
- A dental abscess could turn into you losing your tooth, which means you need tooth replacement
- Gum disease can turn into periodontal disease, which means you need periodontal therapy
- Periodontal disease could turn into you losing one or more teeth, which means you need tooth replacement
You should visit your dentist once every 6 months for a full dental exam, including x-rays. By visiting your dentist regularly, you are being proactive in taking care of your smile.
You should also get professional teeth cleaning once every 6 months if you have a generally healthy mouth. You will need to visit more often if you have periodontal disease. When you have periodontal disease, supportive periodontal therapy is generally recommended every 3 to 4 months.
To learn more about the importance of regular dental visits and how they can protect your smile, talk with an expert. Call your Allentown, PA, dentist, Dr. Sanford of Sanford Center for Total Health Dentistry at (610) 820-6000 today!