Diabetes is a common disease that affects 11.3% of the population in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 37.3 million Americans have diabetes, and 96 million adults (38% of the population) have prediabetes. Diabetes is more common in seniors, where an estimated 48.8% of individuals age 65 or older have prediabetes. The CDC estimates that 8.5 million Americans have diabetes but are undiagnosed. It is imperative that individuals get regularly tested with a trusted diabetes doctor since early detection and intervention can minimize complications and lead to improved outcomes and quality of life. For individuals seeking a diabetes doctor in Humble, TX, the North Houston Diabetes Institute maintains excellence in the fine arts of glucose control. Dr. Juan Carlos Zubieta and his expert team utilize high-tech assessment technology to provide regular digital report cards that help patients manage their diabetes and track their health.
Initially, diabetes tests are conducted to diagnose the presence of prediabetes, gestational diabetes, or Type 1 / Type 2 diabetes. Dr. Zubieta will also conduct a blood and urine sample, a foot and eye exam, and a symptom questionnaire. Depending on your presenting symptoms, Dr. Zubieta may recommend one of the following tests:
- A1C Test - measures average blood sugar level over a period of time (usually two to three months).
- Fasting Blood Sugar Test - measures the patient’s blood sugar after an overnight fast.
- Glucose Tolerance Test - requires the patient to fast overnight, and drink a glucose drink during their appointment. with Dr. Zubieta. This test observes the body’s ability to manage glucose over a period of several hours.
- Random Blood Sugar Test - does not require fasting.
- Gestational Diabetes Test - usually conducted between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancy to determine if the pregnancy has developed diabetes complications.
Contact Us Today
During your visit at the North Houston Diabetes Institute, Dr. Zubieta will let you know the results of your diabetes test in-person. All diabetes tests are conducted in-house, and the test results are received within 6 minutes. Dr. Zubieta will use a visual system with the latest technology to demonstrate and explain your diabetic test results. If you receive a positive test, Dr. Zubieta will recommend regular diabetes assessments to help you track related health complications that may occur. Diabetes assessments include hemoglobin levels, hypoglycemia levels, BMI (body mass index), kidney function, eye function, foot function, blood pressure, and a 10-year cardiovascular risk projection. Dr. Zubieta is a trusted and expert diabetes doctor in Humble, TX who designs comprehensive, personalized diabetes management plans for his patients. Make an appointment today with a high-tech diabetes doctor in Humble, TX. Call (832) 644-9595.