How your foot doctors in Howell Township, and Brick, NJ, can help you and your feet
Your foot doctor, also known as a podiatrist, is an important part of your healthcare team. You should see a foot doctor at least once each year, or more often if you have diabetes or suffer from foot, ankle, or toe conditions. Your podiatrist can help keep your feet healthy.
Drs. Keith Rosenthal, Julian Sansone, and Dr. Rarama at The Foot And Ankle Center offer comprehensive foot care services. They have two convenient office locations in Howell Township, also serving residents of Jackson, NJ, and Brick, NJ, to help you and your feet.
If you have diabetes, the disease can cause dramatic changes in your extremities, including your feet. You should visit your foot doctor regularly for a foot exam because diabetes can cause:
- Loss of nerve sensation, which can result in you not feeling any pain if you injure yourself
- Peripheral neuropathy, which can cause stabbing pain in your feet and toes
- Healing difficulties, which can prevent sores, cuts, or blisters from healing properly
- Loss of blood flow, which can result in soft tissue death and amputations
You should also seek out the services of your foot doctor if you have:
- Chronic foot, ankle, or toe pain that doesn’t go away
- Changes in your toenails or the skin on your feet and toes
- Cracked, bleeding skin on your feet or toes
- Blisters or sores that don’t heal
Your foot doctor is an expert at treating toe, foot, and ankle conditions. You should seek out your podiatrist if you experience:
- Plantar fasciitis, which causes pain in your heel and the side of your foot
- Bunions, which are large, bony bumps on the side of your big toe
- Toenail fungus, which can cause discolored, painful toenails
- Hammertoes, which are caused by toes being crushed together
- Foot or ankle fractures, which can affect mobility, flexibility, and range-of-motion
Your foot doctor can also help if you need custom orthotics due to plantar fasciitis, a gait issue, or heel pain. Other devices to help keep you moving, including crutches, braces, or casts are provided by your foot doctor too.
To learn more about the benefits of visiting your foot doctor, call Drs. Keith Rosenthal, Julian Sansone, and Dr. Rarama at The Foot And Ankle Center. You can reach them in Howell Township, NJ, by calling (732) 833-2800, or in Brick, NJ, at (732) 477-0441, so call today!