COVID-19 PLAN for PATEL DENTAL GROUP
March 8, 2020
Dearest Patients and Patient families,
Now that we have few confirmed COVID-19 cases in the Upper Valley, we at the Patel Dental Group of Upper Valley would like to make a statement regarding our strict infection control protocol and also provide guidance to our patient families for their upcoming dental appointments.
Our disinfection guidelines and recommendations for our patients are from official sources - the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/, the NH Department of Health and Human Services https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/ , VT Department of Health https://www.healthvermont.gov/, and the American Dental Association https://www.ada.org/ . Our efforts are INCLUSIVE not to individualize a single person or families. We would appreciate your support in helping us keep OUR FAMILIES and ALL OUR PATIENT FAMILIES safe and healthy as this situation continues to evolve.
Being a healthcare facility, we have and always will PRACTICE UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS AT ALL TIMES. However, beyond practicing the highest standards of OSHA Infection Control and Sterilization protocol, we have implemented the following:
- As always, our doctors, hygienists, and staff will greet you with a smile and a wave hello, but will refrain from handshakes, high-fives, fist-bumps, and hugs.
- Our PDG TEAM will frequently disinfect commonly touched counters, door handles/knobs, pens/clipboards, credit card terminals, waiting room area, bathrooms, etc.
- Along with you, our PDG TEAM will be staying on top of all protocol and advisories put forward by the official sources mentioned above.
We need you to respect our efforts to keep EVERYONE healthy. In return, please help us by doing your part. The following is what we expect from YOU - our patients and patient families:
- For everyone’s well-being, PLEASE SANITIZE YOUR HANDS BEFORE ENTERING OUR OFFICE. We have hand sanitizers throughout the office for your use if needed. Our bathrooms have soap/water and hand dryers as recommended by CDC for your use. Please be advised to dry your hands thoroughly.
- We encourage you to keep your appointments if you are healthy - do not have flu-like symptoms, have not traveled outside of the US in the last several months, and have not been advised yourself or any member of your household to be in self-quarantine.
- If you or any member of your household are instructed to self-isolate/self-quarantine, please call our office so we can re-appoint you.
- If you or any member of your household has traveled overseas (the list of countries keep growing) in the last few months, you must inform us immediately and PRIOR to arriving for your appointment.
- If you are exhibiting any respiratory related or flu-like symptoms – fever of 100.4 degrees F or more or just feel feverish, coughing, wheezing, and/or have shortness of breath, PLEASE STAY HOME. CONTACT your physician immediately for further evaluation. We advise you to call our office so we can re-appoint you.
- We suggest that only the patient who has the appointment comes for their dental appointment, unless they require an adult chaperone. Please keep all other family members home, including children and other guests, who do not have an appointment. Our intent is to minimize exposure, especially to our susceptible seniors and immunocompromised patients.
- We advise you to cough into tissues and elbows. Please instruct your children as well in order to minimize exposure to others.
Feel free to share this information with your child’s caregivers and other adults who may provide rides for dental appointments. We appreciate you doing your part to keep everyone healthy and safe, while we give you our assurance for continuing to practice the highest infection control and sterilization protocol in the Upper Valley. If you have ANY questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us. We look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Stay healthy and be well,
Drs. Patel & Patel and the PDG Team