OBGYN In Houston, Texas
How your OBGYN in Houston, TX, can help keep you healthy
If you are a woman, you know that a woman’s healthcare needs are unique. Women give birth to children. That means a woman’s reproductive system is complex. Your OBGYN doctor is an expert at treating a woman’s reproductive system.
The OBGYN doctors at StorkGYN in Houston, TX, provide a wide range of obstetrics and gynecology services to help keep you healthy. An OBGYN doctor is a specialist, and there are many benefits you will enjoy from seeing a women’s health specialist.
For teens and young women, consider that an OBGYN doctor can provide:
- Annual women’s health wellness exams
- Pelvic exams, including a pap smear
- Breast exams to check for breast cancer
- Options for birth control
- Help to regulate periods, controlling heavy bleeding and discomfort
- Initial pregnancy examinations
- Routine pregnancy examinations throughout the pregnancy term
One of the most important functions your OBGYN doctor can provide is helping you give birth to a healthy baby. Your OBGYN doctor is there every step of the way, from your initial pregnancy examination to the birth of your baby. Giving birth can be stressful, and you can have peace of mind knowing you and your baby are in good hands.
For older, premenopausal, and menopausal age women, consider that an OBGYN can provide relief to help with unpleasant menopause symptoms including:
- Weight gain
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Mood swings
- Thinning bones, hair, and skin
Menopause signals the end of your childbearing years and a decrease in hormone levels. Hormone replacement therapy may be recommended to give you relief from menopause symptoms.
Your OBGYN is an expert at hormone replacement therapy and can give you the advice and counseling to choose what is best for you.
Having an OBGYN doctor means that you will also have urgent care for women’s health issues right when you need it. Your OBGYN can treat:
- Breast lumps and breast tenderness
- Pelvic and abdominal pain
- Vaginal bleeding or pain
- Vaginal discharge or vaginal dryness
- Sexually transmitted diseases
To learn more about the many ways your OBGYN doctor can help you
Call StorkGYN in Houston, TX. Find out more by calling (281) 587-0772 today.