Local Resources

General Help:

Quick Local Guide

Teen Guide to Upper Valley Resources

Crisis help, activities, transportation, health and more!

Vermont Agency of Human Services

Provides a wide array of programs and services, including adoption & foster care, child care, child development, child protection, child support, disability determination, and economic benefits such as 3SquaresVT, fuel assistance, and Reach Up.

Department for Children and Families

Benefits Call Center:   1-800-479-6151

Child Abuse Hotline:   1-800-649-5285

Child Care Helpline:   1-800-649-2642

Child Support Helpline:   1-800-786-3214

Food Resources:


HungerFreeVT: summer meal sites


Sharon Food Shelf:

Open Tuesdays and Thursdays: 4:30-6:30 PM
(802) 763-2007

Strafford Food Shelf:

Sue or Melvin Coburn at Coburn’s store
(802) 765-4421

Thetford Food Shelf:

Laurie Ingalls
Open Tuesdays & Thursdays: 10 - 12 Noon
(802) 785-3190

Tunbridge Food Shelf:

Sue Barnaby
Open Friday 4-6:00 PM
(802) 889-3736

Bradford Area Food Shelf:

Open Mon., Wed., Thurs:8:30am-4:30 PM
22 Whistle Stop Way, Bradford,;
Mail: P.O. Box 500, Bradford, VT 05033
(802) 222-5419

South Royalton Community Food Shelf

Thursdays - 11:30AM - 1:00PM and 5:00 PM to 7:00PM

2955 VT 14 South Royalton Vt

South Royalton Community FoodShelf Facebook

Veggie VanGo:

Providing healthy, fresh food as a traveling food pantry at local hospitals and schools. In partnership with the VT Fresh program, offering cooking demos, and taste tests of the vegetables available, paired with recipes and cooking tips.

Orange County Parent Child Center 2nd Tuesday, 11:00-5:30pm

Gifford Hospital every 2nd Thursday, 11:30-1pm


Federal USDA program (formerly food stamps ) that can help stretch your food budget so you can put three healthy meals on your table every day. At the national level, it is called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP.
(800)-479-6151 1-800-479-6151

Help with Expenses/Day to Day Living:

The Deacon's Fund of the United Church of Strafford

For help with unexpected expenses like a telephone bill or needing a winter jacket.
Rebecca Bailey
(802) 765-4585

Neighbor Helping Neighbor

For help with services; ride to an appointment, or mechanic, picking up prescriptions, help with moving a heavy object, OCC lawn care, snow removal, delivery of food shelf items, library books, just friendly visits.

Royalton Neighbors

Kate or John Linehan
(802) 765-4354

Carrie Sanborn Fund:

For help with bills like a heating bill

Rose Silloway

(802) 765-4567

Sue Coburn

(802) 765-4445

Barbara Murray

(802) 765-4401

United Ways of Vermont

For help with unexpected expenses, dial 211.


Economic stability, fuel assistance (heating), food shelf. Orange County East, Bradford, VT.
( 800) 846-9506

Women Infants and Children (WIC):

Help for pregnant moms and children through age 6, including free formula.
(802) 295-8820 ext. 2

Vermont Economic Services:

For Vermont state help with food stamps, on-going fuel assistance, Medicaid/health/dental insurance.
(800) 479-6151

Vermont Health Connect:

Health & dental insurance
(855) 899-9600

Upper Valley Haven:

Housing for the homeless, food shelf and clothing
White River Jct., VT.

Listen Community Services:

Heating and Housing Assistance, Community Dinners, Food Pantry
Scholarships for Summer Camps
Holiday Baskets

3 Thrift Stores
clothing, furniture, housewares, toys and more...

Mental Health Resources

National Suicide Help Line: 1-800-273-8255

also https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/ allows for live chat for emotional support and other resources.

Clara Martin Center(CMC)

Community Mental Health Services for children, adults, and families.

Emergency Hotline

(800) 639-6360

Bradford, VT. Office

(802) 222-4477

Child and Family Services

Counseling, parent support, adoption services, foster care, substance abuse treatment.

W Lebanon, NH

35-37 Crescent Street Claremont, NH 03743
(603) 542-005

(800) 640-6486

Suicide, Drug and Alcohol Crisis Hotline

Sometimes we lose track of our lives. They suddenly aren’t where we thought they’d be, and we don’t know how to get back on track. At Headrest, we help with some of those tough, very real issues. In addition to our 24-hour crisis hotline that responds yearly to 10,000 calls from Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine, we offer addiction recovery services regardless of any client’s ability to pay. Headrest’s mission is to help those with limited income so that no person is turned away; no person is alone.

24-hour Crisis Hotline

(800) 273-8255

Hanover Community Counselor

Coordinates Hanover Alcohol Diversion Program. Serves residents of Hanover, Etna, Hanover Center, Hanover High School. Crisis intervention and short-term counseling.

42 Lebanon St., Hanover, NH
(603) 643-5317

Health Care and Rehabilitation Services

Mental Health Services.
195 North Main Street, Suite #2
White River Junction, VT
(802) 295-3031

Phone: 802-886-4500

Crisis Services available professionals 24/7 for adults, children and families

West Central Behavior Health

Counseling Center for Child and Family

20 W Park St., Suite 416, Lebanon, NH
(603) 448-1101

140 North Street, Claremont, NH
(603) 542-2578

National Hopeline Network

The National Hopeline Network links crisis centers certified by the American Association of Suicidology (AAS) under one toll-free number.
(800) 784-2433


The Family Place

The Family Place delivers comprehensive programs designed to strengthen positive relationships, teach essential skills and promote enduring healthy growth for families with young children in the Upper Valley and surrounding communities. Assistance with children, after school program/daycare expenses.

319 US-5
Norwich, VT 05055
(802) 649-3268

Orange County Parent Child Center

Our work throughout Orange County brings family support and outreach programming into homes and communities, meeting families where it is convenient and comfortable for them. Our programs connect parents with practical strategies and skills that address the full spectrum of family joys and challenges.

Chelsea, VT
(802) 685-2264


Advance Transit

Advance Transit operates FREE buses that you can take almost anywhere you want to go. These buses give you independence and freedom, as well as the opportunity to do more activities, to get a job, to volunteer, and more. Most school offices have bus schedules and maps. You can also get them online. Advance Transit will even give you a ride with your bike, which they can attach to the bus! If you have any comments or questions call the Advance Transit office.
(802) 295-1824

Connecticut River Transit, Inc

Connecticut River Transit, Inc. is a private, non-profit personal mobility specialist servicing the Windham and Southern Windsor County areas. There is a weekday route (no holidays) going from Springfield and Windsor, VT to Dartmouth College and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Cost is a suggested donation of $2 per ride.

Upper Valley Ride Share (UVRS)

UVRS is a FREE carpool matching service for anyone commuting in Vermont or the Upper Valley-Lake Sunapee region of New Hampshire.

StageCoach Trasnportation Service


Domestic Violence:


To empower victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking to become safe and self-reliant through crisis intervention and support services. WISE advances social justice through community education, training and public policy.

Program Center:
38 Bank St.
Lebanon, NH 03766
Tel: (603) 448-5922
Fax: (603) 448-2799

New Hampshire Coalition

Domestic Violence Hotline: (866) 644-3574
Sexual Assault Hotline: (800) 277-5570

Safeline Inc

24/7 hotline for victims of domestic and sexual violence
Chelsea, VT
(800) 639-7233

South Royalton Health Center

79 S Windsor St, PO Box 119 South Royalton, VT 05068

Office Hours

Mon-Fri: Phones open at 8:00 AM, visits start at 9:00AM. Closed from 12-1 for lunch, voicemail only during lunch hour. Open until 5pm. Check facebook for holiday hours.
On-Call Clinician available afterhours and on weekends, call main number to page.